It’s 2020, and even February. Due to the year-end and New Year’s events, blog renovation, private activities such as various orchestras, and playing too many games, I have not been able to write my blog, but I will start writing about my trip to Northern Italy last October.
Departure the day before the giant typhoon No. 19 hit
This trip left Japan on Friday, October 11, 2019. In fact, the next day, the 12th, was the day that Typhoon No. 19 made landfall, which caused significant damage throughout the country. The departure was originally scheduled for Saturday the 12th, but we tactfully moved the departure up a day to allow for the possibility that it might not depart. The timing was also good, because we changed the flight one day before the announcement that JAL etc. would postpone the departure on the 12th, we were able to have the flight changed to the same time the day before for only about 5,000 yen per person.
ご参考：令和元年台風第19号 出典: フリー百科事典『ウィキペディア（Wikipedia）』
The most difficult part of the departure the day before was to get from my house to Narita Express departure and arrival stations. It was impossible to book a taxi. It seemed to be the influence of the typhoon, but it was the first experience that we were refused so brilliantly. Fortunately we, our luggage was very light at the time of departure, so we were able to walk to the station without any problem, although it was a bit far. Somehow I thought I could just take a taxi based on past experiences, but it wasn’t a big deal, so maybe this will be fine in the future…
The airport was more crowded than I had expected because people might have changed their flights on this day because the next day’s flight didn’t depart, but there was no big confusion and I was able to check in safely and the plane departed on time. It was a very smooth flight including the transfer of the transit point. By the way, the airline I used was Aeroflot. Is it my imagination that the service and the ride become comfortable every year? It is an airline company with no complaints.
So far everything went relatively well, but the disappointment was the hotel in Milan airport right after arrival. For the hotel, we arranged the Sheraton at Milan Malpensa Airport. It was rather expensive, but we decided to stay there because it was troublesome to move to the nearby hotel. However, it was necessary to change this reservation date to one day before the departure date from Japan in advance by the influence of the typhoon, but it was not possible to do it. So I had no choice but to make a new reservation for the 11th. The cancellation did not work at all for the 12th which I had already booked. I explained the situation that I had moved up the departure due to the typhoon, but they did not listen to me at all, whether there was an influence that I had made a cheap reservation at Booking.com. I guess I couldn’t make a decision in the person in the field.
Car rental as usual, Malpensa used for the second time.
The next morning, the morning of the 12th, I rented a car at Malpensa Airport. It was my second time to rent a car here. The car rental booth is located between Terminal 1 and the Malpensa Express station. Although it was Friday, the car rental booth was crowded with many tourists from morning. I’ve been using Avis almost continuously for the past few years, and since I had a very luxurious plan and a good car at GW, I decided to go for a cheaper plan this time. It was Smart for Four.
To be honest, I was disappointed. I was worried about the lack of power because of course I have long distance drive with high speed travel. As a result, I was satisfied with the performance, even if it was slow at high speed.
List of places to visit
This time we stayed 11 days and nights. I thought I made a slower itinerary than usual, but when I put it all together again, it turned out to be quite a lot of visits lol. It will take time to update again.
Tour of beautiful villages
- Cassinetta di Lugagnano（カッシネッタ・ディ・ルガニャーノ）-★★★☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.18
- Borghetto（ボルゲット）-★★★★★：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.19
- Pomponesco（ポンポネスコ）-★★☆☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.20
- Gualtieri（グアルティエリ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.21
- San Benedetto Po（サン・ベネベット・ポー）-★★★★★：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.22
- Montemarcello（モンテマルチェッロ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.23
- Tellaro（テッラーロ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.24
- Vernazza（ヴェルナッツァ）-★★★★★：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.25
- Moneglia（モネーリャ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.26
- Noli（ノーリ）-★★★☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.27
- Finalborgo（フィナルボルゴ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.28
- Laigueglia（ライグエーリャ）-★★★☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.29
- Cervo（チェルヴォ）-★★★★★：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.30
- Zuccarello（ズッカレッロ）-★★★☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.31
- Castelvecchio di Rocca Barbena（カステルヴェッキオ・ディ・ロッカ・バルベーナ）-★★★★☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.32
- Garessio（ガレッシオ）-★★★☆☆：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.33
- Neive（ネイヴ）-★★★★★：イタリアの最もTour of beautiful villages No.34
Other Tourist Attractions
Fontenellato, Alba, Turin
World Heritage (cultural, natural, etc.)
Enjoy your meal.
And of course we enjoyed the local Italian food. We also enjoyed the wine. I will try to keep a record of our meals as much as possible.